Roll Call

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

narfi

Log Member
Present.
A&P IA, Private Pilot but haven't bothered to get a medical in 20yrs. Building a boat and planning to start a plane project next year.

Mark Z

I’ll play. Thatcher project on the gear with cobwebs holding it to the floor. Meanwhile I’m installing a factory reman in my
T-210 and just finishing the annual inspection on my Champ. Last year spent with doctor Frankenstein but hopefully all evils have vanished. I’m working on my second haircut after it all fell out and am due for another. Rode through the donut last Tuesday looking for thunderstorms in my abdomen. And, I just finished checking out a friend in his 550 equipped S-35 Bonanza. Life is good! [video=youtube_share;kJXtLhJj6CY]https://youtu.be/kJXtLhJj6CY[/video]

narfi

Log Member
Hehe screenshot of that edm 930...... was just fighting with one this afternoon. The fuel guage is messed up. Digital signals comming in are correct left and right, calibration tables look good left and right, but both guages display what is in the right tank........ super weird will have to call them on Monday.
They certainly make trouble shooting easier than the days of a single cht and egt though.

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
Present and accounted for. Still trying to get started. I spend allot of time reading and not much posting. Hopefully that will change when I have something to share.

Have been getting some bootleg time to shake off the cobwebs, and looking for an instructor.

Goals for this winter include dusting off my ground School course and hitting the books, and getting started building ribs. Hopefully life doesn't interfere too much.....��

Last edited:

Norman

HBA Supporter
Norm in Colorado. Can't seem to have enough time and money simultaneously :pout: but when that happens I'll get to work on a two place tailless motorglider. Until then I'll just eavesdrop on you fellows
Still here. Actually working on a plane now. Not my own but getting quite an education.

Toobuilder

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Old thread. Jakes first post was two months after I quit screwing around and just "went for it" and bought my first airplane - the Hiperbipe. Lots of flying, modification and repair on that one. Same with the RV-8, Rocket and Taylorcraft. Plenty of unfinished projects come and gone in that time too- Starduster Too, Tailwind, Mooney, Pacer and Cri-Cri. Still here, still flying, still fooling around.

choppergirl

Banned
I'm actively working glaring at my plane to finish itself.

Dunno why, I find building other things much more fun, maybe because I can just be sloppy at them and go fast and enjoy myself adapting this, that, and the other that I rummage out of a junk pile.
It doesn't seem you really can do that with airplanes :-/ Being anal retentive precise, buying expensive alluminum, deburring this and that little drilled hole, following "plans"... I don't know... I'm just not really taking to it like I thought I would.
I like to make the plans ad hoc on the fly for something and knock it out and have it work within the same day/week/month. Years is maybe too long...

knocking my Wide Area Network out of the ballpark right now... turn me loose on an airport right now, and I could network the heck out of it... with network cables and wifi everywhere... I'm in da zone :)

skier

I'm still here and frequently read the posts. Not much in the way of contributions though, except my FAW+ build thread. I'm hoping to start my plane once I finish that. It was going to be a CH-750, but I've got a year and the Verhees D2 is intriguing.

Robert Dingus

still holding up and fighting the good fight. building and trying to get ready for my check ride, is ready for the 4 year train to stop with my license.

Robert Dingus
central ohio