• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

RLU Breezy community?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike von S.

Supporting Member
I am deep into the build of a Flitzer Goblin, Lynn William's smallest, lightest, and simplest (but capable!) wood and fabric, open cockpit biplane, harking back to the 1920s.

However, giving rides to kids (of all ages!) is not what the Goblin is about. It has only one hole, so unless someone volunteers to be my wing-walker, I won't be taking any passengers.

With 6 grandkids (so far, my two boys haven't yet started in that department), and a strong sense of obligation to introduce and inspire young folk to aviation, as I had been, I'll need another aircraft. A long time ago, my uncle honored me with a ride and even a hand at the stick of a Stearman (which he rented on occasion from a cropduster in Florida) when I was 13. I'll never forget the experience, or his repeated admonition through the one-way rubber tube communication system to "GET THE NOSE DOWN". I think I was terrified of looking down and seeing the ground, so I held the stick all the way back against my chest. Happily, the Stearman was willing, at least for a while, to hang on the prop.

Anyway, to introduce kids of all ages to the thrill, the shear sense of freedom, that aviation can provide, I'm thinking nothing better than an RLU Breezy, the type in which Carl Unger and Arnie Zimmerman gave over 10,000 rides in the course of decades.

Apart from my Goblin project, I already have a fair amount of 4130 tubing and a spare Rotec 2800. Seems like a Breezy would be the perfect match.

BUT...

I don't know where to look for good plans (not ones that have been photocopied so many times they are illegible). Also, I haven't yet been able to find a Breezy owners/builder forum.

With 1,000 + plans produced (not counting the reproductions) and over 100 (I understand) registered in the US, I would be astonished if there is no organized Breezy community.

?

Thanks,

Back