• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

RIP: Marion Springer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
For all you gyroplane enthusiasts, here is some sad news I received from my good friend Wayne Salleng, a member of PRA Chapter 1 in El Mirage:

I was notified last evening of the passing of my good friend Marion Springer, Rotorcraft Gyroplane CFI (ret). Marion was one of the early Bensen Gyrocopter pioneers, and for many years, the only female gyroplane CFI in the USA. Well loved by many (I included) she surely will be missed.

There will be no memorial service and her ashes will quietly be spread in the desert. Marion's way.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Wayne

A video of Marion flying her Bensen Gyrocopter on her 80th Birthday in 2009. Marion retired from all flying in 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6A7HF6aQ6o

TV News report from the early 1980s from Tracy, CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud29q6anPCo

Photo taken at Marion's 89th Birthday Party, El Mirage. Marion is sitting in her Gyroplane.

Marion Springer 89th Birthday El Mirage.jpg

Back