• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

RIP Darrell Vittone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill-Higdon

This is from VW Vortes Golf MK1 , one thing not noted below is Darrell was resposible for supportting a lot of the European VW powered motor gliders. I ordered a number of items from TechTonics because they were local, prices good, and I could get them faster that any where else. I talked with him on the phone a number of times, and met him when I went out to Tecjtonics with a fellow home builder who was pciking the brain of their exhaust person for ideas to use in his custom installation. I talked with Darrell about the motor glider pictures on his office wall. Sadly I never connected that Darrell with the Darrell of "Inch Pincher fame".

A sad day as we say good bye to the one guy responsible for more of us being into VWs than anyone else outside of Volkswagen. Mr. "One dyno test is worth 1000 expert opinions" was in recent years going 160 something at Bonneville in an ancient Ghia with a base 1200 block. This was post cancer and without a bladder. Darrell started Techtonics and with his team created the best and longest lasting watercooled VW tuner in North America. Prior to that he was the aircooled pioneer who took to the tracks in southern California in his famous "Inch Pincher" Beetle. He lived surrounded by orchards and deer above Sheridan OR where the company operated many years before growth demanded a larger facility. God Bless his wife Sharon and family. He leaves behind a wonderful business and staff and legion of followers who could not have out run so many Mustangs, Porsches, M3s, ad nauseum, without his inspiration and dedication to the VWs we continue to love and drive.
Thank You Darrell

Back