Ridge Runner 1?

Discussion in 'The light stuff area' started by entropy76, Sep 9, 2013.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Aug 30, 2014 #81

PalawanPilot

PalawanPilot

PalawanPilot

Unfinished,custom built RR3 for sale, extended length folding wings (29'), extended flap length, 20" Nanco wheels, behind back seat compartment, supposed to have rear seat controls (have not actually seen these) an underbody compartment (I have not seen it mounted to the aircraft), disk brakes, Aero Engineering lights, no paperworks. Ready for engine - Designed to be a mini bush plane. These are the only pix I have and all the info I have. Make offer. captbradley2011@yahoo.com IMG_1866.jpg IMG_1870a.jpg

2. Sep 6, 2014 #82

Manx

Manx

Manx

I also have to sell my Ridge Runner Model 2 Project since the airstrip where I keep it is sold. Needs tube repairs following an off-field landing.

I'll put an ad up later but meanwhile, details are here:- Ridge Runner Project..

Located in S.Ontario

3. Sep 14, 2014 #83

PalawanPilot

PalawanPilot

PalawanPilot

Well, things just got more complicated. I have received hostile texts telling me to come get my plane (and calling me names like "Jew with a job". That alone should be a clue to others about how poor Rocky Mountain Wings customer service is, even calling customers derogatory, anti-semitic names....What a disgrace.

Through a friend, I made contact with someone with a trailer in Nampa who is willing to go pick up the plane. When he called Rocky Mountain Wings to confirm a time to stop by to pick it up, he got a long winded shpeel about why it cannot be picked up,

When it was discovered I was putting the project up for sale, I received texts indicating that Rocky Mountain Wings was desperate to sell the plane for me. When I refused to authorize Rocky Mountain Wings to be a selling agent, I was told that "we're not finished yet" and "there is more paperwork for me to fill out" (which is a lie). When I requested scanned images of the alleged paperwork emailed to me, the story changed again. Rocky Mountain Wings then alleged that there are so many appointments ahead, there just isn't time to release the plane to me or anyone.

Now, I was just recently informed that Rocky Mountain Wings has hired a lawyer, put a lien on the unfinished plane, will not release it to me or anyone until I pay 17 months of "storage" and additional alleged work on the plane, or unless I will sign some agreement (probably an agreement not to sue him), then allegedly the plane will be released from the lien and into my care or whomever I authorize to pick it up. This is dirty business.

Due to the situation, I am limited in what I can or should say about individuals involved, but I will say that my experience with Rocky Mountain Wings has been the worst possible (and getting worse) and I would discourage anyone and everyone from doing business with that company, or any company that treats its customers so poorly as Rocky Mountain Wings has treated me. I will let others come to their own conclusions.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  4. Oct 12, 2014 #84

TreeTopPilot

TreeTopPilot

TreeTopPilot

I hope this gets resolved for you. I am also bound by my lawyer by what I can state. There is a dark cloud building around this......

5. Oct 13, 2014 #85

danmoser

danmoser

danmoser

.. it's sad the Ridge Runner dude flaked out ..
    It's kind of a neat design, but without seeing it through to efficient mass-production with full factory support... it's just another one of many failed aircraft companies. :(

6. Oct 14, 2014 #86

PalawanPilot

PalawanPilot

PalawanPilot

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2019
  7. Nov 17, 2014 #87

idigplanes

idigplanes

idigplanes

Is anyone flying or building a Ridge Runner at the present time? I saw a few older posts. I have a RR 3 I am in the process of (re)building. I can't seem to get much info on it. I have talked to Stace some but usually seem to have a hard time reaching him. I have a few questions about engines and float capability.

8. Nov 19, 2014 #88

doc_dyer

doc_dyer

doc_dyer

Im building a RR3s
    with a Jabiru 2200 85hp
    don't know anything about floats
    Bradley