• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Riblett GA 30-613.5 Compared to GA 35 A 412

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Pekola

In my ultimate quest for a STOL airplane, I built a Just Aircraft Highlander and replaced the standard wing with a Riblett GA 30-613.5 and added a moveable leading edge slat and full span 30% cord flaperons. This aircraft has a 912S 100 hp engine. I currently have about 65 hours on my airplane and I am happy with the STOL capabilities as well as the 105 mile an hour cruise speed (with the 29" Bush Wheels). However, I am now thinking about building another set of wings to (occationally) replace the set that I currently have on the plane. I am thinking about going with the Riblett GA 35 A 412, an entry level laminar flow wing. My question is, if I kept everything the same (54" cord, 150 square feet, Bush Wheels, etc.) what could I expect for an increase in cruise speed? I would not do a leading edge slat and would do a 10' slotted flap with 4' deep cord ailerons instead of the full span flaperon. I would eventually take the Bush Wheels off for higher cruise with this wing, but I am curious about the apples to apples comparison between the two sets of wings. I have been told that my stall speed and my cruise speed would increase by about 10 miles per hour. Does anybody have any thoughts about this build?

Thanks, Jim Pekola

slats 1 012.jpg

Back