• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rib lacing/stitching on challenger 2 Experimental

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xivier44

Hello all, i have two questions regarding rib lacing/stitching on my experimental challenger 2 aircraft:

1. Rib lacing was done on my wings but it was only done on the top of the rib, most literature I have found online references lacing through the entire wing from the top to the bottom of the rib. is lacing done is this manner ok? (see picture below)

2. The fabric is not secured against the bottom of the wing, after many hours of flying (upwards of 1000 hours) the fabric on the bottom of the wing can rub against the bottom cross members and weaken the fabric to the point it can be easily puched through. Without taking my fabric off (which is in really good condition) is there anyway i can reinforce the bottom fabric or protect it from rubbing against metal?

The plane is covered by polyfiber system with poly tone paint. Fabric is 15 years old but is in pristine condition only 300 total hours. All fabric passes punch test currently.

20220915_185839.jpg

Back