• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rhino users, could you make it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac790

Ok, I was thinking about starting this thread in other category (like hangar flying, etc) but because I'm asking about metal part maybe it's a better place for it.

In short I was trying to get a flat template out of this pipe (I have about 30-40 more), but I have some problems with current software, it should be easy with Inventor but unfortunately I don't have one at the moment, probably I could download one, I still have a student account here Autodesk Education Community but I was thinking also about Rhino, I can download demo version, I actually downloaded it a couple times before, but I haven't found time or patience to learn it so far, I prefer mainstream softwares with a "tree".

Anyway do you have any idea ho to get a flat template out of it?

I have CNC laser cut service in area, they can cut those pipes for me with ease, but I'm looking for more affordable approach, they idea is to get flat template, print it in 1:1, glue it around a pipe, and finally cut to proper shape with an angle grinder.

Seb

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,080
Last edited:
Back