• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Revmaster trauma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac Wood

Hi all, I had an accident with my KR when I landed adjacent to a field of mature canola. Unfortunately I was too adjacent as the port wing tip clipped the crop and dragged me into the field. Well ,the engine was still at full bore(last concious act before brain stalled was to try to overshoot!), when the prop engaged the canola .This effectively twisted off the engine from the fuselage breaking the prop in the process. I was left sitting in the emasculated KR facing the approach and feeling bloody silly.! Now,- I have rebuilt the KR and I am wondering about the engine .Local VW pundit thinks that as the engine trauma was applied relatively slowly there shouldn't be a problem. What does the forum think? The engine has the 4130 RR crankshaft. Thanks, Mac G-BVZJ

Back