• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Reviewing HBA of any type.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

I posted to bring back some old reviews and would like any and all type of HBA to be included. My case a all wood Taylor monoplane so I was reading old news letters from early KR's 1 + 2. July 28th 1985 so nearly 37 years ago. Many neat thing were discussed from holding your tail on the ground until 40 mph due to rudder effect and staying 75-80 mph on final for you can see over your nose. I would like to see a comparison from early lessons you have learned to ones you have found during your build. Who knows this could be a good place to aid others in the future. One story that keeps in my mind is from Bob Muse Sr. he was flying along and got into some rough air and I'd say real rough. He said the aircraft was rolled over 135 degrees and lost 4 gallons of fuel out the vent tube before landing. I'd say that was a bumpy ride. o_O

Last edited:
Back