Return of the Seaplane

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

PTAirco

Didn't they make a Hercules on floats too?

I still love the idea of a composite Global Explorer, it could catch part of the upper-segment of yachting:
[video=youtube;RLKNPOSpMpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKNPOSpMpY[/video]

When my mind drifts to adolescent fantasies, I want to build something like too - it has to be the ultimate in homebuilding. But I'd stick to glass and foam, too. This one has an insane amount of parts, but quite do-able.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Kempf

Lifetime Supporter
When my mind drifts to adolescent fantasies, I want to build something like too - it has to be the ultimate in homebuilding. But I'd stick to glass and foam, too. This one has an insane amount of parts, but quite do-able.
I drift off to having enough money to pour money through the fuel tanks of an albatross.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I drift off to having enough money to pour money through the fuel tanks of an albatross.
Even Jimmy Buffett couldn't keep that up for long, which is part of why his Albatross is sitting at an amusement park today. But I've always lusted after a PBY... my father's best friend flew them in the war, and I once saw a spread in Flying magazine about one that was converted to a flying camper (picture large couches inside the original gun blisters). But the Global Explorer is high on the list of "ultimate" planes too...

-Dana

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I blame the old, short-lived television show "Tales of the Gold Monkey" for my fascination of seaplanes and desire to go gallivanting around the South Pacific. ;)

jhausch

I blame the old, short-lived television show "Tales of the Gold Monkey" for my fascination of seaplanes and desire to go gallivanting around the South Pacific. ;)
+1
Terrible TV
Neat Airplane

Group Builder