• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Retired

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TarDevil

No, actually, I'm back at work. My old software company needed help and I signed on for a few years while my wife runs our private school. The money is fantastic. For the first time in my life I have expendable income in abundance. I've got money enough to fly again. But....

The most recent trip to my Dr made it quite clear that if I fly again it will be something sans a medical. Something less than practical. Something that most likely would not address my wife's longing to travel to far away places.
After looking hard at options of what to do with expendable income I opted to start a boat build. No medical needed, I can carry the wife, kids and grandkids. Bigger still, I can get us out on the ocean and stop the motor. With money left over to hop on a jet for destinations afar.

I remember when my dad signed off to flying. Broke my heart, but now I understand.

Vicariously shall I fly if you guys will humor me. It's never leaving my blood. I will just need a qualified pilot in the other seat. And I'm not depressed about it. It's the circle of life.

Reminds me of an article penned by Gordon Baxter. If you are old enough you will remember.

Back