Restricted areas times and altitudes

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Grelly

Hi Guys,

Covid has prevented me from visiting the USA for two years now and I was doing some flight planning to refresh my brain. It occurred to me that my preferred flight planning App doesn't have any way to lookup the active times or altitudes for restricted areas. Google was spectacularly unhelpful at pointing me at anything useful.

In the old days, of course, you just look at the legend on the chart. Any tips on where to find an electronic equivalent?

Thanks in advance,

Grelly

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
Some flight programs do have the legend but I can’t be specific on which and how.
For a specific flight check with Flight Service is the sure fire answer for pre flight or in flight. In flight center or approach control will know.
For Wing X tap on the restricted area for times and altitudes.

Last edited:

12notes

Lifetime Supporter
Log Member
In the upper right side of Skyvector.com, you can see the actual chart by clicking the name of the region (e.g "Miami" in southern Florida), then scroll over to the legend at the edge of the chart where the special use airspace information is listed.
For example:

You can also get TAC and Flyway charts this way, the options will pop up when the map is centered on a location that has those. Click on "World VFR" to return to the contiguous map.