• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Request for Brain Cells/Experience Vision Micro VM-1000 Engine Monitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Soooo.... thanks to the spectacular generosity of one particular HBA participant, I am now the owner of an old but intact Vision Micro VM-1000 engine monitor. And I need it, because it will give me a six channel CHT that I kinda need, it will offer a bunch of other engine info, and I believe it's even TSO'sd which ought to mean I can use it in my antique 172 without to many eyebrows raised.

I did get the OEM installation manual with it, but I want to gather as much first hand experience and knowledge about this unit as I can. So anyone here who has used one of these, I would love to hear anything and everything you wish to share. I got a handful of sensors with this unit, but I cannot identify all of them. I'll post photos soon, and ask people to identify which sensor is which, because some of them look strange to me. I will likely not use all of the sensors, because this unit came off of a pretty well tuned and optimized E-AB with a Lycoming 6, and I have a low-tech Continental 6 powered aiplane.

Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly on the Vision Micro VM-1000!

Back