• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Repowering with Electric

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blane.c

Almost Human
Supporting Member
Recently I have been researching into the idea of re-powering my Kolb Flyer project with electric motors. Until very recently I have been dismissing electric out of hand because of a belief that endurance was just pitiful, After reading Dale Kramers old posts in the RC Groups about his conversion of the Lazair into the E-Lazair and some poking around the internet I have had a reversal of my opinion on the subject. There has to be much more experimentation going on and information available than I am seeing at this sight and was hoping someone(s) can help me get more detailed and current information. One of the disappointing things is that the Joby motors that are used in the E-Lazair conversion at least temporarily are not available, and finding a suitable replacement is proving rather challenging.

Thank you for your help.

Back