Reno

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
The right clean sheet airframe could have beat all of 'em with a stock 2800.

Steve Ericson, you're not lurking around on this forum, are you? I saw you standing there next to Elliot Seguin at Mojave, talking quietly... I have Robbie Grove's number... :devious:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
BTW... my buddy that did the 30 day ground-up restoration on his new Cassutt managed to hit the 5th fastest speed in the F-1 class and earned a place in the Gold heat. He poled 5th and placed 5th in that race.

(Also, he repainted his plane while he was there between qualifications and race heats.)

BJC

HBA Supporter
BTW... my buddy that did the 30 day ground-up restoration on his new Cassutt managed to hit the 5th fastest speed in the F-1 class and earned a place in the Gold heat. He poled 5th and placed 5th in that race.

(Also, he repainted his plane while he was there between qualifications and race heats.)
That was a fast paint job.

BJC

BoKu

Pundit
HBA Supporter
BTW... my buddy that did the 30 day ground-up restoration on his new Cassutt managed to hit the 5th fastest speed in the F-1 class and earned a place in the Gold heat...
When I wasn't wandering the pits or up at the spectator line I was in a folding chair next to Tigger and across from What Airplane, Honey?. Fun crew all around.

BJC

HBA Supporter
How is the post race landing order determined? Is the airspace controlled by a tower during the event?

BJC

Mcmark

With the Biplanes several years ago, it was just about like an uncontrolled field. Maintain spacing and land when runway was clear. They at the time, landed on the left side and slower taxied on the right.
After the incident last year with the Mong overrunning the Pitts, they made some significant changes. And I honestly don't remember the procedure they adopted.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Hey, I've got an idea for the next class of racers at Reno...

(drum roll please)

JB-9 or JB-10 jet backpacks. They already have something like a 10 minute endurance. Set up a short course to keep them within sight of the spectators and have at it!

(And if you want even more variety, try to revive the old Rocket Racing League with a pylon class designed for them.)