• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Removing Wood Wing Skin From Wood Rib

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.D. Donald

I've acquired a Cassutt that hasn't flown in over 15 years. Somehow, I managed to damage the skin over the second innermost rib. So I need to remove the skin from the root to the second rib; my plan is to scarf the 1/16" plywood skin over the third rib and replace the skin.

But how best to remove the skin over the inner ribs? I've been searching online for a week and haven't come up with a good solution - does anyone have a suggestion? I have one idea, but I'm not sure it's the best way.

Hopefully, my question makes sense.

Back