Remember 9/11..."That day"

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

LArzfromarz

As I type this a few minutes after 9:00 I am reminded of the thoughts and feelings I had "that day" about this same time. When I think about it the pain becomes fresh again. While I didn't loose anyone personally we all lost something "that day".
Its important to not forget what happened to those folks as individuals and us a country on the whole.
I ask that this post not be politicized but that we each take a moment of our time (that has been so graciously given to us) to reflect and remember those that were not so fortunate and those that rushed headlong into the fury knowing the possibilities.
God Bless America-

Inverted Vantage

Formerly Unknown Target
9/11 was an interesting experience for me...being an American but being born and raised in a US territory, I/we were relatively very detached from what happened, and what happened after. It didn't really hit us in the way it hit many on the mainland, I think; it was a bit like watching one fish kill another while you look through the aquarium; you're horrified but it doesn't really sink in, there's that plane of glass between you and the events - I felt almost like an outside observer watching what happened and watching how the country changed.

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
I was awakened from a sound sleep (I was working a night shift at the time) by a friend on the phone. The first tower had been hit, and in addition to the confusion going on in the media and government about what was actually happening, my just-awakened state lent an air of surrealism to the whole thing. When the cameras swung over to the second airplane approaching the second tower... I can't even describe it. The intention in the event was suddenly clear, and everything just... stopped.

A tragic day.

Jman

Site Developer
My heart goes out to the familys of the innocent victims of 9/11 and to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice since that day 8 years ago. My thoughts are also with those men and women still in the fight, risking it all for men to thier right and left. It inspires me and it's what drives me to strive to be a better warrior.

This post was over 5 paragraphs long and yet it still was not adequate to express my gratitude to those who gave thier last breath in service to my country, fireman and soldier alike. So I've boiled it down to this:

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" John 15:13

Rom

The trauma of that day still resides deeply in most Americans. The pain felt that day was not just us but international. 327 people from other countries also lost there lives on that day.
Since this forum has members from other countries I thought that we need to recognize the other 327:
Argentina: 4
Australia: 11
Bangladesh: 6
Belarus: 1
Belgium: 1
Bermuda: 1
Brazil: 3
Canada: 27
Chile: 2
China: 4
Cote d'Ivoire: 1
Colombia: 17
Democratic Republic of the Congo: 2
Dominican Republic: 1
El Salvador: 1
Ecuador: 3
France: 1
Germany: 11
Ghana: 2
Guyana: 3
Haiti: 2
Honduras: 1
India: 1
Indonesia: 1
Ireland: 6
Israel: 5
Italy: 4
Jamaica: 16
Japan: 26
Jordan: 2
Lebanon: 3
Lithuania: 1
Malaysia: 7
Mexico: 16
Moldova: 1
Netherlands: 1
New Zealand: 2
Nigeria: 1
Panama: 2
Peru: 5
Philippines: 16
Portugal: 3
Poland: 1
Russia: 1
South Africa: 2
South Korea: 28
Spain: 1
Sweden: 1
Taiwan: 1
Ukraine: 1
Uzbekistan: 1
United Kingdom: 67
Venezuela: 1

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
The trauma of that day still resides deeply in most Americans. The pain felt that day was not just us but international. 327 people from other countries also lost there lives on that day.
Since this forum has members from other countries I thought that we need to recognize the other 327:...
Well said. Thank you for posting that.

Group Builder