Redrive for EJ22

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Phoenix 22

Hi All,

maybe somebody can give me advise. 3 years ago I had contact to Guy Marcotte and I was convinced to take the 300VP long version for my Phoenix microlight.

Then came corona and the project was stopped. Now I startet again and I tried to get in contact to Guy again, but I was not lucky at all. The Mail address did not work and the same about the phone number.

I read somewhere that Guy has retired. The construction is made with that 300VP long version. If that redrive is not available, I have to change the design again.

Hope anybody can help me with advise. You re very welcome with any ideas

Best regards
Christian

KeithO

From my research his business has not been active for several years. I was not able to make contact either. It is sad because there are really very few companies active in the reduction drive market and there are also not many sources skilled in making the gears, heat treatment and all of the other details needed at the low volumes we need. If you are looking for a co-axial style gearbox, you might look at the RWS gearbox, out of production since about 2015 but many were made for Mazda rotary engines and if you post a "wanted" listing you might get one.

Hephaestus

There was an ej22 with Marcotte for sale on Facebook marketplace - in just the past couple weeks. Think it was in Manitoba (Canada)...

But to Germany - I'd hate to think of shipping.

Crazy this post pops up. My A&P just bought a subaru engine with a PSRU and asked me if I knew anyone wanting the PSRU. He will put the engine in his Subaru outback but has no need for the PSRU. I have no idea what brand it is but if the OP is interested feel free to reply here or PM me. Its located at KWHP. Pretty sure he'd let it go cheap.
Marc

Mark,
I would appreciate a couple of pictures as well. Already have an EJ22T but am researching the different designs of psru units.

Tnx,

REP51

slociviccoupe

I have brand new spg-5 with subaru bellhousing was going to use on an ej257 with sohc heads. Never been used just mounted. Contact if interested.