• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Recent victim of a texting driver :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyZ

Hi,I just had to vent because I am dealing with a LOVELY mess caused by a 20 year old girl that was texting and driving.Luckily it was only bent metal and nobody was seriously injured but that is the only silver lining I've found in this cloud.
For starters the girl knew the Police officer and no matter what I said he took her side of the story.Then I later found out that her insurance had lapsed when I went to retrieve my things from my car.

So not only did she manage to convince the cop I had pulled out in front of her she didnt have any insurance to boot :(

The accident happened when I was making a left hand turn from a heavily traveled road onto my street.I was waiting for the oncoming traffic to pass with my signal on when I glanced in my mirror as I often do and saw her flying towards me at around 60+mph.At first I figured she'd slow down and pass me on the right as people often do but something in my gut said otherwise.The first car I was waiting for passed and I was going to try and shoot between but it was too close to the next car and as I looked back again I knew she was going to rear end me.All I could do was stomp on it and hope she didn't hit me but as I readlined 1st it happened.The impact sent me for a loop,luckily I got it off the road onto the 9th hole of the adjacent golf course instead of oncoming traffic.........Injury wise I was lucky to have hit the gas to lessen the impact and get me pointed away from more traffic.But that allowed her to lie and get the cop to believe that I had pulled out in front of her.At first before anyone arrived she had admitted that she was on her phone and apologized but that soon changed.I dont know if she thought of it or the person she called helped her but she blatantly lied and told the cop that I had pulled out in front of her with no warning and I was to blame for the accident.Luckily for me I had her on tape apologizing about not seeing me and being on the phone but the cop refused to look at it.

Its been a total mess but thankfully the people who live on the corner saw it happen and came forwards after I explained what had happened.So with their account and the recording it has been revealed that she was at fault.So hopefully I can finally get this mess resolved and either get my car fixed or find a new one because I only carried liability coverage.

Anyway,thanks for listening

Back