Re-Drive designs

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

OMAC

Hi to the Home built Community. I hope to gain knowledge and return the favor in the future as I gain aircraft experience.

I am designing a weight shift trike. I have settled on construction materials, front and rear suspension. Engine choice and re-drive's are my next challenge. I have looked at belt, chain and gear box re-drives. I t seems that almost every manufacture builds their own re drive. It seems the most used re-drive centers around a belt.

Has anyone looked at or knows of a CVT that is designed specifically for ultralights ? Taking a CVT off a ATV is not practical for an ultralight, but the principle may have promise.

Any thoughts and input will be appreciated.

OMAC

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Welcome aboard.

When ever you think that a topic might be interesting if we had it, you should hit the Advanced Search tool and find out if we have already talked oor to death. There is currently an active thread (last posted on yesterday) on the topic.

When I searched on "CVT" I found ten pages of relevant posts. I suspect that most of the things you can think of have already been discussed pretty thoroughly. It will always be a good idea to search before you post.

Billski

OMAC

Thanks Billski..... you are correct, after I posted I noticed the search option. Lots of talk about CVT I will study the comments and make use of the knowledge.

Thanks
OMAC