Re: Cheapracer's Extraordinry Plane Build

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

Sorry to butt in on Cheapie's subject but I just read his recent post about being in the middle of that nasty virus problem. Stay safe dude, we need you to be around :)

Besides, after seeing the latest photos and rendering of the airplane, I have sanctimoniously come up with the perfeCt name for it... the Hooded Cobra !

Take your Vitamin C Cheapie, and wear a full body condom.

Last edited:

cheapracer

Log Member
Take your Vitamin C Cheapie, and wear a full body condom.
You guys have to please understand you are at risk too, it doesn't matter where you are on the planet the way it's spreading. It's coming your way and at the moment they can't stop it.

British Airways and other airlines haven't stopped all flights to China for fun. Thats' as well as cars, ships, trucks and trains in and out of China.

Think of it as few Vit C each day isn't a bad thing anyway, and get some propolis honey, spread it on your toast or in a glass of milk.

Please read all of this

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/900-dead-china-coronavirus-outbreak-200209233734869.html

I hope nothing becomes of it, they find a vaccine soon, and you can all laugh at me for being an Alarmist, but for now, just think about preparing a little.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
There are several reported breakthroughs in getting a vaccine done and tested. It's a two-prong effort now to slow the spread while the vaccine is developed and tested.
Cheapie, keep washing your hands and use this as a good excuse to shun human interaction...and work on Bob!

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
"I will tidy it all up and make some fiberglass covers at a later date, not important for the moment."

You will never attract any investors with this kind of practical build philosophy. You should be working on the streamlined and good looking shroud first - THEN - fill it with more than enough weight to do the job. Have you even given any thought about sun visors!?!

And your sources are unreliable! I found a dog tag and part of a collar in my Ruben sandwich last week, and I know it was made with bootleg meat destined for Africa. :p

Last edited:

AdrianS

Is it just me, or is it starting to get an 80's Japanese car vibe, ie designed with a straight-edge?

That's not a criticism by the way : I own a 1987 MR2: those in the know claim the design was based on the classic dooorstop.

Victor Bravo

Cheapracer, that little "rough" metal bending jig is brilliantly simple! I like it, and it could be adapted to do an entire leading edge skin!

Here in Hollywood we have a lot of folks who would enjoy participating in that dance move with your Spiderman. There's a construction worker, a police officer, a cowboy, an Indian warrior....

cheapracer

Log Member
Cheapracer, that little "rough" metal bending jig is brilliantly simple! I like it, and it could be adapted to do an entire leading edge skin!
Some of the local metal shops are back open now, I'll buy what I need and make the final one in a few days and document the design for you guys.

Here in Hollywood we have a lot of folks who would enjoy participating in that dance move with your Spiderman. There's a construction worker, a police officer, a cowboy, an Indian warrior....