Rat Hawk Revisited

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

RJW

Been working on the Rat Hawk design some more. The model needs a couple more days work. I think I might actually build this. It is the most interesting, cheapest, and easiest aluminum design I have come up with to fly an inverted motor. I will start with a SBC. I’m thinking it would do well with a LS motor too. But an inverted, direct drive, big Ford or Cad motor would really make this thing come alive. We’ll see.

Rob

RH 1.jpgRH 2.jpg

Aircar

Banned
Looks like Miles Hawk rather than Rat Hawk ;). seriously though , your avatar has overtones of Polen Special or Mini Mustang so this is a lot further down the feeding chain and not sure why . (and is there something about not having matching colours on the wings and fuse ? )

RJW

this is a lot further down the feeding chain and not sure why.
Yup. It’s got Miles Hawk, Chilton, Ryan, and some other stuff in it. Just looking for something that is fun to fly the upside down motors. It is a bit further down on the chain than other stuff I have drawn. But the other stuff is probably too hard for me to fly and certainly more difficult to build. I also need to get a ship off the ground behind my house. This thing might even get pop rivets on the fuse.

Here is another design that I would like to build—fast, scary, complex, and very cool (I think).

RW 5F 1.jpgRW 5F 2.jpg

Rob