Raptor NG Discussion

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Erik Snyman

Thought I would interject some data from tests on an 11" diameter and 17" diameter fans set that I ran a few months ago. The test bed is a rolling vehicle now powered by a 35 hp 2si 2 cycle engine with a direct drive to the ducted fan. I monitor thrust, torque and rpm. When rolling I also monitor airspeed. The fans are bladded with jet engine compressor blades and the pitch is gound adjustable. Compressor blades aren't opyimized for this application so my results are below the theory predictions. Below is a plot of the 11 inch fan results at zero forward speed.

View attachment 117196 View attachment 117199
View attachment 117208 View attachment 117210
11 inch fan Unit with 17 inch fan and 12 hp en

For some reason I keep coming back to these guys: Vasyfan. Italian outfit that manufacture electric-driven fans for applications from R/C to full-size pseudo jets. On the site they also mention fans for "other" applications, which, I suppose, include us. The extra-performance ones. Please have a look at their web-site and go to the BIG fans, and tell me what you think.
Erik in Oz.

Erik Snyman

Hi people
For some reason I keep coming back to this company called Vasyfans. Italian mob that manufacture fans from R/C sizes, right uo to Pseudo-jet sizes. Please have a look at their site, and give your honest opinion of especially the large, extra-performance ones. www.vasyfan.com
Erik in Oz.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
All this talk about ducted fans and R-NG. Maybe heaters at the duct entrance would be a more appropriate application for this design.

Mad MAC

Hi people
For some reason I keep coming back to this company called Vasyfans. Italian mob that manufacture fans from R/C sizes, right uo to Pseudo-jet sizes. Please have a look at their site, and give your honest opinion of especially the large, extra-performance ones. www.vasyfan.com
Erik in Oz.
Now I am going to have to doddle a manned scale B52