Quantcast

Raptor Composite Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Status
Not open for further replies.

pictsidhe

The stock Audi ECU cuts the fuel if EGTs hit 1562F. Peter has gone way, way past this. He isn't actually measuring EGT, but somewhat downstream, near the turbo. His EGTs are going to be be somewhat higher. Maybe 100-200F.

cheapracer

Log Member
Begeezus, that wing dip to the right when it took off .... I let out a yelp.

I'm thinking it is likely torque reaction, not acceptable if so, and I imagine only a geared (counter-rotating) PSRU will cure it.

Was a stupid, dangerous flight trying to turn it back to 04 at that height and climb rate, zero margin for error unless it was an emergency.

Jet787

There will be a riot if he claims a flight ending in an emergency landing is a milestone.
We all know he trying to kludge his way to the milestone. We also know the odds are stacking ever higher against him every time he kludges something new.
From Peter’s website under ordering...“You will be under no obligation to take delivery of your aircraft if you are not ready when your number comes up but you will still retain the 'next in line' status until you are ready. When we begin construction of your air frame 30% of your aircraft price will be due. Once your air frame is complete and is ready for engine, avionics and interior a further 30% will be due. The balance will be due upon delivery of the completed aircraft.”

There is no milestone that releases any escrow except the above.
It’s about the only thing that Peter has done correctly.

pictsidhe

From Peter’s website under ordering...“You will be under no obligation to take delivery of your aircraft if you are not ready when your number comes up but you will still retain the 'next in line' status until you are ready. When we begin construction of your air frame 30% of your aircraft price will be due. Once your air frame is complete and is ready for engine, avionics and interior a further 30% will be due. The balance will be due upon delivery of the completed aircraft.”

There is no milestone that releases any escrow except the above.
It’s about the only thing that Peter has done correctly.
The above does not apply to the deposits. They are released to Peter upon the unspecified milestone being reached.

Jet787

The above does not apply to the deposits. They are released to Peter upon the unspecified milestone being reached.
Sorry to disagree, I was an early deposit holder and I have never read or heard from Peter of any other contingency to release a deposit/funds. I was very careful about that.
Now this is not to defend Peter in general, only in how he set up the deposits. I think that this project is a complete disaster and could fill every chapter in an graduate level engineering/ management text book on what not to do.
I’m glad he survived so far. I hope he has scared himself enough to not try it again. Sadly, I doubt it.

Kyle Boatright

HBA Supporter
I'm looking forward to Peter's next video.

Does he begin to come to grips with the issues or does he rationalize them away again? Enquiring minds and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.