Quantcast

Raptor Composite Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

BJC

HBA Supporter
I've heard that for road trucks/cars that you can use the Kerosene
Lots of what is sold as “Kerosene” around here actually is Jet A. In the early days of commercial jets, they frequently were referred to as “kerosene burners”. I don’t know what fuel they actually were burning, but you didn’t need ADS-B to spot traffic.

BJC

galapoola

I had a home heating fuel guy tell me that you could burn his stuff in my 300D but it would smoke. They add something so a car or truck trying to save on the tax can be identified, that's all the authorities care about, to fine you.

rbarnes

Continental CD-300 Jet-A Engine
Just wondered why PM didn't consider this ????
Because Peter was going to sell kits and everything else (engine, prop, avionics, interior, paint) included for $150,000 by "leveraging high volume production".
That was my first major red flag with his sales pitch.

berridos

That video was superflous. He is paranoid as if Wasabi was his enemy. As a european i was totally impressed by the entertainment quality of wasabis's video. The wasabi video quality was if like those guys had been working for netflix tha last 30 years and definitly at every moment it was factual and non skweded. Wish we europeans where comercially so much oriented and pragmatic. Seems the end of this awesome saga is comming to an end. No doudt Peter is an achiever.

rbarnes

Hands up all those that think Peter will 'Give it a Go'✋
✋
Latest vid is up. "after I get the airworthiness certificate sorted out I'll be getting it off the ground again and holding it in ground effect"

:popcorn:

From youtube comments when asked if he was sticking with Wassabi for the flight testing: Raptor Aicraft: Now that I have done breathing room I'm going to do what I can do while I'm comfortable with proceeding
Test Pilot Peter cleared for takeoff

Last edited:

Doggzilla

HBA Supporter
When I worked for a regional airline, the only car/ truck to survive the Jet A was VW Rabbits and old style Mercedes. The Ford and Chevy trucks died expensive deaths. I think unless he has said anything different, we are talking #2 diesel out of the pump. That’s what is around here. If your stuff survived , great, but I bet you would be surprise how different jet A and house kerosene is. Both kerosene but A is way dryer. The beauty of a diesel is just about anything combusts. The fuel delivery is what takes the beating. Anyway $3 a gal is retail for Jet A here, bulk it’s about $1.20g.
The hummer engines that run Jet fuel as standard fuel are the same as GM trucks were. The claims that it kills them are false.

pictsidhe

"We've armed the gun, put it in the hands of a child and asked him not to shoot himself in the face.” Was that Justin, or Elliot?

pictsidhe

I had a home heating fuel guy tell me that you could burn his stuff in my 300D but it would smoke. They add something so a car or truck trying to save on the tax can be identified, that's all the authorities care about, to fine you.
They add a dye and chemical tracer so they can spot it. In Europe, anyway. I doubt uncle Sam is any different.

Running 'alternative' fuels is popular in Europe, where the tax is sky high. 'Red Diesel' is low or no tax diesel for agricultural vehicles. Same as regular diesel, but with a red dye and tracer. Huge fine if they find any in your tank. Kerosene has a yellow dye which is far less obvious. But few people play with it as it has a tendency to trash pumps unless you add something slippy. It also smells different. Some years back a gang bought a lot of red diesel and removed the dye with some sort of acid then sold it as road diesel. Unfortunately, they didn't bother washing it properly. That left a big fat trail of broken pumps back to them...

cheapracer

Log Member
Latest vid is up. "after I get the airworthiness certificate sorted out I'll be getting it off the ground again and holding it in ground effect"

From youtube comments when asked if he was sticking with Wassabi for the flight testing: Raptor Aicraft: Now that I have done breathing room I'm going to do what I can do while I'm comfortable with proceeding
Test Pilot Peter cleared for takeoff
Yup, there's a number of comments there expressing his dissatisfaction with Wasabi, and that he will be doing all ground effects testing himself "until he is comfortable with it...."

So he's very likely going to fly it himself ... I am surprised ...

Problem here is even if he did manage to fly it, he will not be objective, and he may not even be aware of potentially serious flight issues lacking the experience to determine them.