Quantcast

Raptor Composite Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Doggzilla

Banned
HBA Supporter
Yes, it's was designed to fit in 40' ocean container without major disassembly - that how we moved it US for Sun-n-Fun ;)
View attachment 100092
View attachment 100094
View attachment 100095
View attachment 100097
Impressive as always.

If the Russian government had any sense it would commission you to design a turboshaft powered version.

Nobody wants to buy turboprops because they look about as deadly as a flying steam locomotive.

I bet far more poor countries would buy a Russian ducted fan if it looked as good as your aircraft does. Nobody buys turboprops anymore.

Malish

If the Russian government had any sense it would commission you to design a turboshaft powered version.

Nobody wants to buy turboprops because they look about as deadly as a flying steam locomotive.

I bet far more poor countries would buy a Russian ducted fan if it looked as good as your aircraft does. Nobody buys turboprops anymore.
Unfortunately Russian government doing apposite thing - it's "killing" all attempts to have GA and home build aircraft movement in Russia. The ONLY companies they support, it's government own companies and those companies not allow any "strangers" in their world of corruption:oops:

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
I am favorably impressed. A very careful review of systems reconnection is in order but there is not much on a Long Ez and its derivatives beyond the stub wings but the ailerons, rudders, and lights. Peter broke it down, moved it and put it back together in just a few days. All of the mods did not seem to compromise the modularity of the airplane.

Billski

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Well the latest YT Video shows the Raptor in bits, prior to its relocation to Valdosta, I'm still not convinced that 8000ft is going to be enough. Lets see what PM can come up with as a trailer solution, bet it will be complicated, heavy, and won't work properly !!! now where have I had those thoughts before :cool:
Looks like your pessimism was not warranted. Simple transport and the bird is back together. Let's all try to keep on the airplanes and on technical stuff.

Billski

Pilot-34

It concerns me the plane was loaded and hauled backwards
, when I did heavy haul I would do my best to avoid that. It didn’t always cause problems but it did enough that I would make a shipper sign a statement on the bills “ Shipper loaded on transport backwards driver advised forward facing transport ”

Malish

It concerns me the plane was loaded and hauled backwards
, when I did heavy haul I would do my best to avoid that. It didn’t always cause problems but it did enough that I would make a shipper sign a statement on the bills “ Shipper loaded on transport backwards driver advised forward facing transport ”
I agree with that!
Peter is doing EVERYTHING backwards :rolleyes:

cblink.007

View attachment 100220
This guy spends a lot of time on a Zamboni !!!
I remember as a young Marine Lance Corporal, new to my squadron & on my first deployment over 20 years ago, being placed on a detail running buffers up and down our hangar deck, and being told that "the CO wants to see his reflection off it".

Only one small problem this aviation-hating Sergeant Major seemed to be overlooking...

...the fact that the hangar deck on the ship is covered in non-skid!

Fortunately our good AMO stepped in and bi*chslapped some common sense into the SgtMaj!!

cheapracer

Log Member
Wasab Team and Elliot Seguin about that case
No surprises in the video for those who have followed the entire build to date, who have been analytical and pragmatic about the issues and the builder's approach.

Might come as a surprise to some of the devout followers that they have been blinded by only getting half the story, being the glossy half of course.

Of course for a number true followers, Wasabi just became even more evil.

Tiger Tim

I’m not all the way through the Wasabi video yet but... wow. About a third of the way through I could swear one of the guys says, “It’s so bad,” under his breath.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I remember as a young Marine Lance Corporal, new to my squadron & on my first deployment over 20 years ago, being placed on a detail running buffers up and down our hangar deck, and being told that "the CO wants to see his reflection off it".

Only one small problem this aviation-hating Sergeant Major seemed to be overlooking...

...the fact that the hangar deck on the ship is covered in non-skid!

Fortunately our good AMO stepped in and bi*chslapped some common sense into the SgtMaj!!
I’ve been in a similar situation (but on tile). When they said shiny floor, we shined them. When I even guy was being jerk about it, we shined the floor with Pledge. For the inspection, he made it about three steps in before his feet slid out from under him on the slick floor and he landed on his derrière. He was a bit more ‘reasonable’ after that.

Nothing wrong with a shiny floor as long as you have traction. My grandfather kept his big maintenance hangar floor shined up for the Big Brass and other customers, it helped instill confidence in the work done there.