Quantcast

Raptor Composite Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

TFF

Hopefully he remembers to amend his paperwork for test area.
Valdosta does have three runways. Although towered, they might like that to clear the airway, but three in a triangle pretty much means in an emergency at the airport, they are on a base leg to the one coming up. I’m sure the tower will have a lull time where the place is pretty much theirs. Wasabi proved even in Mojave, there is a bunch to miss when crashing. I bet the first 3-4 hours are going to be high orbits anyway.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
Almost any truck can haul a 3000 pound airplane. My RV trailer is 11,000 pounds empty.
Nice to have a custom trailer handy. Never know when it might be needed.

TFF

The hero thing to do would be pull the wings and elevators, fire up the engine and drive it to Valdosta. Then it would be roadable. I can hear the crowd roar now.

rbarnes

Many quite far. Just takes good planning.
Brandon
Ok I really should have typed that first statement better....

I'm going to love to see how "Peter" plans on moving this vehicle without removing the 1,000 lbs engine and no help.
You have noticed he's flying solo on all work these days ? and that he's out of money ? and previous track record on thinking all this through ?
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

donjohnston

Ok I really should have typed that first statement better....

I'm going to love to see how "Peter" plans on moving this vehicle without removing the 1,000 lbs engine and no help.
You have noticed he's flying solo on all work these days ? and that he's out of money ? and previous track record on thinking all this through ?
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
That's better.

How he would do this solo would be interesting to watch.

Maybe he'll call the guy who hauls Velocity's.

canardlover

Just outran the hurricane this weekend with this in tow. From Vero Beach, Fl to Jasper Ga,630 miles approx. Right up I-75 past Valdosta ,through Atlanta, to the next airport north of Cherokee County. No problems,no delays from law enforcement,etc. Problem with the Raptor is it has a 4+foot greater strake span( 15-16 foot center section spar) and much heavier.Cost me 120 bucks for tow vehicle and trailer rental and about $250 in gas,not quite 24 hrs behind the wheel. No,I wasn't recharging from the Tesla stations.🤣🤣🤣

Attachments