Raptor Composite Aircraft

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJC

HBA Supporter
It's very difficult for me to understand, how come Peter could find almost 150 people, who give him $20,000 each for this problem aircraft? Maybe He is very good sales person?
there is a saying in the USA, "A sucker is born every minute."

It applies to, among others, people who are ready to believe in things that are too good to be true.

BJC

Turd Ferguson

HBA Supporter
It's very difficult for me to understand, how come Peter could find almost 150 people, who give him $20,000 each for this problem aircraft? Maybe He is very good sales person?
Same here but what is even more difficult to understand is that there seems to be people who are on board with buying the aircraft after watching development videos. Just a bump in the road (or runway).

cheapracer

Log Member
there is a saying in the USA, "A sucker is born every minute."

It applies to, among others, people who are ready to believe in things that are too good to be true.

BJC
I finally watched the video ... and not shaking my head so much at the craft issues, that are shocking, but I don't think anyone is surprised at the result, but shaking my head at the 550 likes the video has... The Blind leading The Blind.

Why can they not understand that this craft is over riding the operator, he loses basic control, and there's not a car, bike, or any vehicle or machine that can be allowed to do that.

flywheel1935

Seems that Peter Perfect is almost more concerned about getting his videos out at regular intervals, to his band of fawning 'disciples',( 99.9% don't seem to have a clue how an aircraft works). This is almost developing into a 'soap drama', where our gallant hero, fights his dragon, and finally flys off into the blue yonder, while all his 'followers' dream of replicating his achievement. ( Me thinks this is not how this drama/saga will really end!!!) All I see is a pile of crumpled carbon ? Watch this space every Tuesday and Saturday,

MechEngr32

One has to admit that he is **** sincere. I would have buried that video in the garden in 2 meters depth and instead state i had the flu and couldnt publish a video this week. If he stays as disciplined with his transparency effort, we could end up watching his body in the news teared in pieces after the crash.
I thought the same about “burying the video!” Wonder if he actually has buried some videos? Scary thought...

berridos

I really doubt he burried any. It cant become uglier.If i would have been in his skin I would have got out of the plane and start to vomit. Maybe this is a new kind of reality show and the 120 deposits are all from time warner. For us, its the perfect entertainment genre.

MechEngr32

To say there has been a lot of concerns raised regarding the “re-drive” is an understatement. The latest video got me thinking about the p-factor effect on that flimsy drive system on climb-out. If he is having so many issues taxiing what will happen on a full power climb? How good are all of his mount points in the rest of the project?

Malish

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
To say there has been a lot of concerns raised regarding the “re-drive” is an understatement. The latest video got me thinking about the p-factor effect on that flimsy drive system on climb-out. If he is having so many issues taxiing what will happen on a full power climb? How good are all of his mount points in the rest of the project?
While we have been concerned about the ability of the current reduction drive to run reliably at full power (should the engine be able to make full power) and we are concerned about the variable relationship between the driving and driven sprockets, I have not seen anything that concerned me (yet) about the stiffness and strength of the prop shaft and its attachment to either the prop or to the airframe. Our big concern has been that the engine and driving sprocket are moving on its mounts independant of the driven sprocket, making the cog belt (and perhaps the sprockets too) short lived and inclined to fail.

Have you noted any particular lack of robustness or undersize in the prop shaft and its mounting that would give concern? In more typical arrangements, the prop is restrained through the drive and engine, then to the engine mounts, with flexibility of the mounts being present and accommodated with clearances to engine and prop. This is not to say that Peter does not have a problem with this, just that we have not noticed anything there yet...

Billski

Status
Not open for further replies.