Raptor Composite Aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

flywheel1935

Peters Leading Quote of his own website; After finding the problem with the engine, which was actually with the redrive belts, the engine is now performing better than ever. Having the tune-up mostly done has made a substantial improvement on the thrust.

He just dosen't get it !!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
He just dosen't get it !!!!!!!!!!!
How he managed to not break the drill bit :)32) drilling the bolt at that speed means he must have some incredible luck, or a really soft touch on the drill press. I'd have just put on an additional washer or 2 with some blue Locktite and gone back to testing.

Thanks guys!? :mad:
Now you have me wasting time watching this disaster unfold. o_O
He needs a "No Stand Zone" around those belt tension rollers. :eek:

pictsidhe

How he managed to not break the drill bit :)32) drilling the bolt at that speed means he must have some incredible luck, or a really soft touch on the drill press. I'd have just put on an additional washer or 2 with some blue Locktite and gone back to testing.

Thanks guys!? :mad:
Now you have me wasting time watching this disaster unfold. o_O
He needs a "No Stand Zone" around those belt tension rollers. :eek:
It's watching a train wreck in slow motion, you can't stop yourself.

Voidhawk9

HBA Supporter
High-speed runs, up to 90KIAS today, aircraft NOT prepared for flight (cowls not installed at least). o_O

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
90KIAS and it didn't lift off? Thought it was hard to keep a canard on the ground at those speeds. Those are small airliner lightly loaded speeds aren't they?

Toobuilder

Log Member
90KIAS and it didn't lift off? Thought it was hard to keep a canard on the ground at those speeds. Those are small airliner lightly loaded speeds aren't they?
My L-39 would get light on the gear at that speed.

If he's going that fast without the airplane and pilot fully prepared to fly then it's further evidence he has no concept of a Development and Test culture.

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
HBA Supporter
The acceleration to speed in 980 feet is excellent. Should be enough runway to test hop. I noticed a good overrun area also.
Don't know what the two glitch noises was.
Does he have an electric fan to keep it cool on all those runs?

flyrite

If somebody don’t get down there and stop this deranged sicko, He’s gonna wreck the whole of the experimental movement!
My hair is turning grayer by the moment worrying bout all the innocents that this guy is harming! And my GOD when he kills himself how will I sleep again knowing all I have learned here and didn’t do something. Anybody here got any training in psychology, I sure hope so, We gone all need help when it surely happens?
Please...Please...PLEASE....SOMEBODY STOP THIS MADNESS!!!:eek::D

FarmBoy

Though he has improved his pump/injector tuning situation, it is still quite sub-optimal. This should really have all been done on a test stand with increased instrumentation and extra EGT sensors before being strapped back on an aero-body and spinning down the runway. His engine telemetry still reflects a combination of sub-optimal inter-cooler and turbo efficiencies resulting in unacceptably high EGTs - especially at the higher air speeds seen during his runs. Well tuned with appropriately sized turbos and ICs (and proper ducting), 350-400HP could be easily attained with and lean, clean, and cool AFRs/EGTs (at lower fuel flows than he is currently running - and wasting in his exhaust pipes).

Engine/PSRU issues aside, hopefully any sane test pilot will require a number of flight safety related issues to be corrected before first flight (e.g. aileron flutter, reinforced front strut mount, etc, etc.).