• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ramp geometry - Landing gear design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenoitLescot

Hi there,

Am working on the landing gear for my project, I was having a thought about the ramp geometry, basically I want my gear to be as low as possible for obvious weight reasons, but one specific about flying-boats is when pulling up the ramp, a picture better than 1000 words so here is what I'm worried about :
Drawing%20-%20Ramp.PNG

Is that likely to be a problem or are the ramps out there offer very smooth transitions ? what is the typical ramp angle ?

thanks all !

Back