RAM engines, SC -- any pi-reps?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

MacPara

While looking for help to convert an EJ257 Subaru engine into an aircraft engine I came across http://www.ramengines.com/. They used to be located in Ohio and moved to SC around 2010.
Has anyone heard anything about their Subaru conversions or maybe even has first-hand experience???

cheapracer

Log Member
They have been around for quite a while and you don't hear much about them - my meaning there is when companies have trouble many are quick to point it out, especially in modern social media, so no news usually means good news.

That's all I got.

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
Who's PSRU is that? Theirs? Looks well designed at least the castings.

Just sent them an email to get info.

Been maintaining Subarus for over a decade now. These engines are pretty rugged. Here in VT they get abused pretty badly due to neglected maintenance and they just keep running and running. All the lower on the economic food chain people here run them because they get them to work in any weather and are cheap to own. I have a 2005 2.5L NA manual transmission car here at the shop that has 240k miles on it and it is still going strong and not really even using that much oil on the original head gaskets and never been cracked bottom end. About the only thing that has ever been changed is plugs and a coil unit and one timing belt and water pump job. Oh, forgot, had to do both O2 sensors around 180k. Of course it got all oil and coolant and filter changes on schedule.

Last edited:

fly2kads

HBA Supporter

MacPara

Who's PSRU is that? Theirs? Looks well designed at least the castings.

Just sent them an email to get info.
I think they are distributors of the New Zealand Autoflight PSRUs so I was just assuming that that is what they are using for their conversions.
I hope they do as they seem to have a good track record. Please let us know if you get a response.