• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ragwing Ultra-Piet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdlwingnut

Supporting Member
does anyone have experience with the ragwing RW1 Ultra-piet? I love the era and era type machines of the 20s 30s and 40s so a peit would be great, is the cost savings between the ragwing piet and a real pietenpol be enough to justify giving up the 2nd seat.

I've used the wood dimensions and the aircraft spruce online catalog to price the fuslage materials and the ragwing is a about half the costs, and the engine can be a lot cheaper too.

I would love to hear from someone with experience with both, I do have a little time in a pietenpol so if the RW has that feel for a fraction of the cost I'd be happy.

I do have the Ragwing plans and think I can get it put together with a few questions.

Back