Quantcast

Ragwing RW20 Stork

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Gary Hilton

HBA Supporter
I bought this project from a gentleman located in central Illinois a few months ago.
Airframe is basically completed, needs controls finished, fabric covering, instruments, and engine and mount.
My biggest need is to create space. Have 30X40 shop that is already occupied by 3 vehicles and a couple thousand airplane gauges and miscellaneous plane parts. Plan is to build onto the end of the shop another 20X30.
Hope to start covering some of the smaller pieces soon, like ailerons, flaps, slots, tail feathers...
Still no clue what engine to use, but leaning towards Madprofessors idea of Roax 670....

Attachments

don january

Log Member
welcome aboard Gary. room for build is were you you can find it. Try and get the little things done and placed aside.

Geraldc

Still no clue what engine to use, but leaning towards Madprofessors idea of Roax 670..
I think this plane needs some horsepower to get the best out of it.
Maybe an Aeromomentum or similar?

D_limiter

Lifetime Supporter
I like the Stork and own the plans. I'm envious that you found a project like that. As I have pondered the project, other members gave some interesting advice on engines for the Stork in this thread. Good luck with your build!