• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ragwing RW19 wood and fabric Stork (Storch)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John wadman

Ran into a glitch today when I went to test the wood samples for strength and failure. I made a test stand to support the various sticks and suspended a 5.5 gallon bucket from the centers and poured sand into the bucket expecting the sticks to fail and crack. 70 lbs of sand and even the solid 3/4 x 3/4 didn't fail. it barely even deflected. so now what? I have to find more dense weights like lead ingots or dumbbells and then fill the rest of the bucket with sand. I have no idea how much weight it will take. I just hope I can get enough weight suspended from the sample sticks to make them fail. I'll sort it out and post my findings. what if the metal handle on the bucket fails before the sticks? hmmmmmm.

Back