• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ragwing RW19 wood and fabric Stork (Storch)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John wadman

I'm having problems continuing my build thread. But I'm just going to use the same title and post until someone can help me figure this out. I milled and laminated some 3/4 x 3/4 test pieces today with T88 that I will load test to failure in a few days after the T88 has had awhile to post cure. The base line is a solid piece of horizontal grain. Then there are five other samples, three are horizontal grain laminations made of 1/4" layers. Two of those have a scarfed middle layer, one at 8:1 and the oter at 12:1. Then I have two samples of vertical grained layers and will test them with grain running vertical and grain running horizontally. I sanded the ends on the disc sander so that the hard grain got burned so you can see the end grain better. I'll post photos of the results and the test bed when done. scroll down to see entire photo showing the edges and you will see how the grain orientation is aligned. IMG_0265.JPG

Back