• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

RagWing RW19 Stork or Hatfield Little Bird: which is better scaled down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two lane aviator

Hi.
Am asking which is better to scale down to 4m wingspan

The Stork looks ideal because it is STOL and might need little HP if built single seat and is good for my intended operating conditions.

The Little Bird looks ideal because it is designed with low AR and might be great for my intended operating conditions.

Given my "Intended Operating Conditions" (4m wide road, 30m useable length, tight constraints, lots of climb, capable of landing on a full parking lot without collateral damage, foldable to fit the average parking space, rugged.) Which plane is better?

PS: if you know a plane that will theoretically do better than these two, just post it.
And no harsh comments.

Back