Quantcast

Ragwing RW1 Ultra Piet

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
497
Location
Iowa
Three years into this project so far, Still a little bit of wood working to do and quite a bit of varnishing before covering. I have closed up the nose and working on the front turtle deck
putting some finishing touches on the rear turtle deck. This year has been pretty busy so progress not as much as I had hoped but still progressing
20200226_145652_resized.jpg 20200226_145701_resized.jpg
 

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
497
Location
Iowa
still working on getting fabric on the tail feathers, I got the fabric on the rudder shrunk. I was going to work on tapes then decided that 3 inch tapes would work best for the edges on the rudder. I didn't have 3 inch taps so ordered some. Then worked on getting fabric on the vertical fin.
20200506_165138_resized.jpg
 

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
497
Location
Iowa
Fabric work can be tedious but I am enjoying it as I get better at it. The fabric on the horizontal stab. is shrunk and I glued the tapes to the ribs. I made and glued some reinforcement patches on the gussets to the rudder as well. I'm still waiting for the 3 inch tapes for the edges though.
20200514_160624_resized.jpg20200514_160639_resized.jpg
 

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
497
Location
Iowa
did some more tape work on the rudder and now it is ready for pain. I also did some anti chafe taping on an elevator getting it ready to cover. I did learn two things today though. 1. do not use the tip of your thumb to clean ecobond glue off the blade of the scissors, and 2. you use the tip of your thumb a lot when doing fabric work.
20200605_152354_resized.jpg
 

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
497
Location
Iowa
more progress on the fabric work. covered the other elevator and did more tape and reinforcement patching.
but the slit i cut for the ruder horn opened more when I shrunk the fabric. I patched it but undecided if I want to leave it or start over. I will do another thread on it
20200609_152143_resized.jpg20200609_152135_resized.jpg
 

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
497
Location
Iowa
Braved the heat and put the fabric on my right aileron. That was harder then I thought it would be, but I think it will turn out ok after it is shrunk and the tapes are put on.
20200630_152059_resized.jpg
 
Top