Ragwing RW1 Ultra Piet

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
537
Location
Iowa
I shot the first coat of the purple on the door today. Looking at the picture I see I didn't get a very even coat on but some wet sanding and another coat should hide that, I hope. I also spent time just looking at the fuselage and making a list of things that I should do before covering it. Of course lots of thinking about how I want to go about covering the fuselage.
20210616_153936_resized.jpg
 

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
537
Location
Iowa
got a second coat of paint sprayed on the door. I found some help to nico-press some of the cables. Got to the point where I needed to wait for more cable that I had ordered to come in so cleaned up and just before I had to leave the shop I found out that the cable did come in already. oh well.
20210628_144227_resized.jpg
 

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
537
Location
Iowa
been working on routing my fuel lines then glued the plywood over the front turtle deck. I put the primer bulb so it runs from the rear tank only, I figure if i have an issue with the bulb I can switch to the front tank and have about 2 gallons of gas to get me someplace.
20210716_145020_resized_3.jpg20210716_144954_resized_3.jpg20210726_120740_resized.jpg20210721_142827_resized.jpg
 

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
537
Location
Iowa
Fabricated and installed the glare shield. it is made from a piece of leftover turtle deck plywood, some foam rod and a little bit of leather.
all the wax paper is there to keep the t-88 from sticking to the instrument panel
20210728_125138_resized.jpg
 

cdlwingnut

Well-Known Member
HBA Supporter
Log Member
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
537
Location
Iowa
ironed the fabric over the rear turtle deck, then glued fabric to the front turtle deck. My plan is to do the re-enforcing patches and tapes, on the upper part, then paint the areas were the comm antenna and the tail feathers will attach. attach the tail feathers then run the cables before putting the bottom fabric on. Sounds good in theory in practice is yet to be seen.
20210813_123417_resized.jpg
20210813_123430_resized.jpg
 

Latest posts

Top