more rib stitching. one rib with the long strait needle one rib with the curved needle. the ribs with the compression braces have to have the curved needle used since they block the path of the long one.
been putting tapes on the bottom of the wing. Now it's time to flip it over and do the other side.
I also sprayed a coat of paint on the vertical fin and an elevator. I am learning the art of using the spray gun so may need some work.
I shot the first coat of the purple on the door today. Looking at the picture I see I didn't get a very even coat on but some wet sanding and another coat should hide that, I hope. I also spent time just looking at the fuselage and making a list of things that I should do before covering it. Of course lots of thinking about how I want to go about covering the fuselage.
got a second coat of paint sprayed on the door. I found some help to nico-press some of the cables. Got to the point where I needed to wait for more cable that I had ordered to come in so cleaned up and just before I had to leave the shop I found out that the cable did come in already. oh well.
been working on routing my fuel lines then glued the plywood over the front turtle deck. I put the primer bulb so it runs from the rear tank only, I figure if i have an issue with the bulb I can switch to the front tank and have about 2 gallons of gas to get me someplace.
Fabricated and installed the glare shield. it is made from a piece of leftover turtle deck plywood, some foam rod and a little bit of leather.
all the wax paper is there to keep the t-88 from sticking to the instrument panel
ironed the fabric over the rear turtle deck, then glued fabric to the front turtle deck. My plan is to do the re-enforcing patches and tapes, on the upper part, then paint the areas were the comm antenna and the tail feathers will attach. attach the tail feathers then run the cables before putting the bottom fabric on. Sounds good in theory in practice is yet to be seen.