• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Quicksilver GT400 H-Stab/Elevator Width

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevel

Hi Gang!

I am attempting to match homeless ultralights and ultralight-like planes with empty hangars at our field. At the moment, I have a possible match with a Quick GT400 and a portable T-hangar that was made for a Challenger. The length, height, and wingspan are all within the dimensions of the hangar, but I don't know about the empennage width. Would the tail have to be folded to fit in the 8' wide back half of the hangar? If so, how long does that process take, and how simple/complex is it? (Is someone going to become complacent, miss a detail upon unfolding, and end up crashing into an open-air assembly at a pre-school that caters to the children of personal-injury attorneys?)

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

Back