• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Quick folding wing designs wanted/needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayKoit

Hi everyone,

Due to the astromical hangar rates at my local airport, and the fact that they don't even have tie-downs, has caused me to expand my horizons beyond Zenith and KR2's and start looking at QUICK (5-10 min) and CHEAP (say $20-25k finished) 2-seat folding wing aircraft. Here's what I've found so far, please chime in with more options if you know of any -- plans built or kit, either would be an option:

Fisher Dakota Hawk or Horizon
Sky Raider Super
Ridge Runner 3

Any that I'm missing? I thought maybe a Sonerai but how quickly do those wings fold? I'd want something that won't drive me crazy to do 2-3x per week. Thanks!

Back