Questions about material on Jurca Mustang

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Shayde

Can anyone check the former 202-4 from the CAD file if it has a correct length according to the PDF original drawing? Many thanks.

It is difficult getting a good measurement from that PDF as there's very few dimensions listed to be able to calibrate it to. Why do you suspect your CAD model is not the right length?

Shayde

And another thing. Can anyone draw for me into a DXF/DWG the shape of that steel plate at the bottom of the arch from the image attached? Including the holes from the plate. Thanks.

The CAD file that image was drawn from would be the best source reference for those plates. Did your CAD friend not provide those?

wiloows5050

I already posted after I finished them. What's the point?
Is that because someone else made them for you. Here, I’m cutting metal parts. You can see my mj9 fuselage in the background. Leaning against it are two set of trusses for a pair of Sindlinger hurricanes and a completed side for an airdrome Fokker DVII. Not sure what was being cut. I think wing clips for the S4-4c and fittings for the SE5a.

Your turn

Attachments

• IMG_1224.MOV
    19.6 MB

marianmadalin32

Is that because someone else made them for you. Here, I’m cutting metal parts. You can see my mj9 fuselage in the background. Leaning against it are two set of trusses for a pair of Sindlinger hurricanes and a completed side for an airdrome Fokker DVII. Not sure what was being cut. I think wing clips for the S4-4c and fittings for the SE5a.

Your turn
Yes. My sponsors cut them for me for free and I assembled them with silicone adhesive. What's your problem? I sense some kind of envy here. I don't care what you do. Unlike you, I help my community for free with my project. You don't. You just do it only for yourself. Very selfish of you.

Shayde

I believe he has a few donated planes now. You can see some pictures of them on his web-site:

AeroSpot

He's been at it for a while, so you've got to admire his tenacity, even if his methods are a little... abrasive. :)

Shayde

The inch is defined as 25.4 mm. Working in either is easy, but going back and forth is nuts.

Unfortunately it's not that simple for those of us outside the US. Wood / metal supplies can often be given in inches and feet, at least in my experience, even though we're more comfortable working in metric. So converting becomes pretty common. This is why Jurca used odd sizes such as 19mm x 7mm Spruce strips - essentially .75" by .25" rounded to an appropriate mm.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
One more question. The asbestos sheet (the ceramic sheet in my case, because asbestos provokes cancer) what dimensions should have ? The same as the plywood frame (738x737x710 mm) or as the firewall steel plate ???
Rule of thumb in most homebuilts is 1/8 of Fiberfrax (a refractory blanket material) is adequate on a metal firewall. The objective is to take a 1700 F (930 C) flame on one side of the insulation and not fail the underlying structure. When I ran the same math for my glass epoxy over wood firewall, I need four plies, 1/2" thick.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Mode ON:

I just deleted a bunch of posts. People were getting into personal attacks, name calling etc. All were deleted, as were posts citing the deleted posts.

All of you need to remember that we do not get into personal attacks on this forum. Continuing to do so can get your access here restricted... Each one of us is each responsible for what we write.

Furthermore, we all need to understand that we have an Ignore function. Each of us can put people on our personal Ignore list, and we will no longer see posts from those folks.

Let's put it another way. If you disagree with content of a post, go ahead and post the disagreement, but keep it on the topic at hand, not the person. This is a forum restricted to our technical topics. Stay technical and you ought to be OK.

Moderator Mode OFF

marianmadalin32

Can someone look on 202-7 shapes ? It says there to cover with 1/16 ply on one side or both sides ? Thank you.

Attachments

• 09_0046_MJ-77_202-1 of 2.PDF
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

marianmadalin32

Forgot to ask: there are some few ash square shapes of 50x50. What is their purpose? And I always wondered why the beams are not put between the right and left side of the half circle shape formers. Instead they're always put on top of those.

Shayde

Forgot to ask: there are some few ash square shapes of 50x50. What is their purpose? And I always wondered why the beams are not put between the right and left side of the half circle shape formers. Instead they're always put on top of those.

I'm not seeing 50x50 ash blocks on the sheets I have, other than the angled blocks cut out of 50x50 ash on 202-2A. There are quite a few 19x19 ash blocks though. It appears both these and the angled blocks are bracing for the longerons.