• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Question for ya LEE !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kelly

Here's a question for ya Lee !
have you ever made a Simulated power off landing in that there gyro of yours ?
I've been reading alot of Gyro flight manuals lately and they say to go about it Cautiously.... and I may be dense but to me a Simulated power off landing is about the same thing as a POWER OFF landing ...and that is a do or die siduation.... how can it be done Cautiously ?
they say gradually increase your desent angle and get yur flare timeing right on....
...with the engine cut to idle , I would think its just as good as a dead engine when landing because if your speed is below 30 your going down anyway.... if your angle is steep and air speed slow even full throttle
won't get you back into the air unless you dive and get the airspeed back up...( well Your Gyro with its monsterous engine might but mine won't!)
. and sense your landing that diveing to get your airspeed back up option is not there.....
the way they explained the Rotor workings and angle of attack for flare
they say at a certain point you are going to land no matter what ....
so .... how do you supposidly do it Cautiously ?.... when at a certain point your going to land no matter what you do ? .... by cautiously it must mean be READY TO LAND eh ? cuz you don't get another chance !
... somehow that just don't make much sense ! because you can't go arround for another try .... see the problem ?

thank ya !

Bob.......

Back