• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Quality Vinyl Decals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXFlyGuy

So...there are good quality decals, and decals that are not so good. I have seen a number of propeller decals (of lessor quality) that simply self destruct at the first hint of moisture. See below:
DDE88BF1-CB8C-4A93-AB50-B1B4B1C6DE67.jpg

Not sure, but these appear to be paper backed. And their lifespan is short. This self destruction occurs on many planes with this prop decal.

Decals have been ordered from AeroGraphics for my prop. These people are the Gold Standard in aviation decals, and they assured me there product will not behave like the one pictured above. Below is an example of the replica Hamilton-Standard decal from AeroGraphics:

HAMILTON FOR MYRON OLESON.jpg
This is the correct scale for my propeller. We are hoping it performs as well as they tell me it will!

Back