• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Quality ANC hearing protection for $40 or or Compound ANC for $400

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan Baron who owns Shark Aero introduced a Low Cost Aviation ANC Concept in a Follow up Video he built a case for protecting your ears.

Training in my Cygnet SF2A I found the VW without a muffler makes for a loud cockpit. I elected to implement Jonathans idea with what was a $40 set of Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23 because I liked 40+ hours on one AAA battery very effective when added to my trusty Passive David Clark 10-13.4 headset.

Over the past two years Jonathan and I traded notes and the Idea evolved to include buds under David Clarks up fitted with HeadSets INC ANR kit.
I call it Compound ANC.

For about $200 your DC will have new life with high end ANR. The concept of compounding this with the original idea yields a synergy with the ANR headset filtering the low frequency spectrum and the buds canceling the higher spectrum.

My DC needed a new mic for PIC duty but would be fine for a passenger. The cost to fix and upgrade approached the $350 cost of a new DRE6001 headset.

I elected to buy the DRE-6001 for great comfort, Passive and Active Noise Cancellation. The build quality is superb. Made and Supported in the USA check them out.

I ported my ear buds over and I am shocked by the sound of silence! I have attached a few pictures of how I did it I am sure there are other better methods.

Jonathan has much more time working with this concept while I will say protect your ears Jonathan sums up the approach as below.

"That combination is profoundly quieter and more comfortable than a Bose, DC One X, or Lightspeed alone.
The difference in performance with ANC earbuds between headsets inc and high end headsets is negligible and certainly not worth the delta in price!" ----Jonathan Baron

Please consider spending at least $40 to protect your ears and make communications clearer.

Attachments

• ANR EARBUDS.jpg
    ANR EARBUDS.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Final Assembly.jpg
    Final Assembly.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 44
  • HF_ANR.jpg
    HF_ANR.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Jell Cup important to seal ear and wire.jpg
    Jell Cup important to seal ear and wire.jpg