• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Putting a tapered wing on an RV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefried

I came across a post the other day from a member who is finishing up a tapered wing for an RV-4. I did one for an RV-6 some time ago and it turned out quite well. Here is a thread for those who would like to know more and share their ideas.

I had intended an original design until I became aware of the RV-6, it ticked all of my boxes but one. With the fair lines from nose to tail, somehow the rectangular wing stood out as wanting attention.

By the numbers the differences were not revolutionary, a little here and a little there. It was supposed to wind up flying like an RV and it did. What a great little airplane.

Just a taste, more to come...

RV-6 DF-6

Span (ft) 23.0 25.0
Area (ft^2) 111.2 104.2
Taper Ratio 1.0 0.63
AR 4.76 6.00
Twist (deg) 0.0 0.0
OB end Flap (in) 78.0 90.0
OB end Aileron (in) 126.3 140.0
Root Chord (in) 58.0 58.0
Tip Chord (in) 58.0 38.6

DF6 sketch.jpg