• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pultruded carbon suppliers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gschuld

I am looking for suppliers for large cross section carbon fiber pultrusions, preferably in a rectangular shape.

The primary application is not aviation related, but as I am looking at building a composite airplane, the remainder of the roll will potentially make it's way into the plane. And potentially for testing purposes which I will gladly share the results.

I am a custom wooden boat builder, and I am preparing to build a new set of carbon reinforced Sitka Spruce spars for a customers classic racing sailboat for next season. My last major spar building project that used pultruded carbon used 1/2" x 1/8" in a 1000ft roll. We currently have less than 30 ft left!

I am looking at using a larger section this time around if possible. Ideally somewhere in the neighborhood of 3/16" x 1" or 1/4"x 3/4". I can alter the cross section of the sitka spruce laminations to adjust for the different shapes, but I need to know what is available. Though I prefer the rectangular sections, I can design around solid round rod sections if need be. I much prefer epoxy based pultrusions, but vinylester based is not out of the question. I am looking for anywhere between 2000 - 4000ft (or more) of the stuff depending on the cross section size and strength properties.

Thanks in advance.

George

Back