• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pulsar Aircraft Assets For Sale

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

zolotiyeruki

I thought Aeromomentum used port injection, since direct injection is more applicable to low power settings, i.e. less relevant for aircraft. Doesn't Viking use direct injection?

aeromomentum

I thought Aeromomentum used port injection, since direct injection is more applicable to low power settings, i.e. less relevant for aircraft. Doesn't Viking use direct injection?
Yes we use port injection. We even converted one engine from direct injection to port injection.

aeromomentum

"Basically a cirrus SR22T in numbers and size "

lol sure. You're tryinmg to pass Harbor Fright off as Snap-On

Aeromomentum? That's a bold choice. DI over port injection? Good luck with that. Highest time engine is in an airboat? Can I see some logbook entries on that?

For $200k+ it is cheaper than a new Cirrus, but way to many budget compromises. What EFIS is that? Gonna say 'not Garmin'
The last Snap-On tool I bought was a 1/4" socket extension. It snapped off the first time I used it. Maybe they should now be called Snap-Off. Admittedly, I was using it to try to torque a nut to over 50 ft-lbs. I bought the same from Harbor Freight and it lasted a couple of nuts. While I still really respect Snap-On tools, they are not what they used to be. Harbor Freight still has a way to go and they are not as cheap as they used to be but they have also gotten better and at (rare) times can actually beat Snap-On.

We use port injection, not direct injection. The 4000 hour engine was in commercial service at Loy Fisheries in Utah. They do keep maintenance records and the person to contact to verify the time is service is Cody Loy.

The glass panel on the Volato factory demonstrator is MGL. MGL may not be as big of a name as Garmin but they make a great product. If you want Garmin that can be arranged!

TFF

I think 50 ft lb is tool abuse. That’s coming from a tool abuser. The breaking point is designed in. Max a 1/4” torque wrench is 250 in lb; you are asking more than double of what it’s rated for. You are also paying for someone to drive to you and give you one as many times as you need if you play the game. If it’s designed to have to have a 1/4 drive do that work, it’s time for a custom factory tool.

aeromomentum

I think 50 ft lb is tool abuse. That’s coming from a tool abuser. The breaking point is designed in. Max a 1/4” torque wrench is 250 in lb; you are asking more than double of what it’s rated for. You are also paying for someone to drive to you and give you one as many times as you need if you play the game. If it’s designed to have to have a 1/4 drive do that work, it’s time for a custom factory tool.
Yes 50 ft lbs was abuse. But we wanted a way to be able to torque nuts with limited access that prevented the use of a standard 3/8" drive extension and the local Snap-On dealer said give it a try. We now use a 3/8" extension that we have modified for clearance and it works great. But the point of the story was the Harbor Freight version actually performed slightly better than the much more expensive Snap-On.

To get even father off topic, originally the mobile Snap-On dealer was a cost cutting measure. No need to have an expensive brick and mortar store when you could just have a van and work from home.