• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PS-5C Pressure Carb and matching Lycoming 40595 fuel pump

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

rjgritter

Bendix PS-5C pressure carb and matching (mid-pressure) Lycoming 40595 fuel pump. Has the desirable red seals. These were in great working condition when removed from the O-360 on our S-1C for conversion to fuel injection. This setup allows fully inverted operation without fuel injection - great for aerobatic airplanes!

The dataplate is stamped "O-320" but it ran well on our 10:1 O-360.

$1400 OBO

Thanks for looking!

RJ

Attachments

rjgritter

How is it equipped, and what is the new empty weight of your S-1C?

BJC
It's got a parallel-valve IO-360 (now with RSA-5 injection), EarthX battery, 40A alternator, starter, but currently no avionics. No canopy - open cockpit. Twisted Composites carbon prop. I hesitate to make claims until I can re-weigh it on more reliable scales, but the last measurement was under 720lbs.

It's a rocket!

RJ

Reactions: BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter
The PS-5C makes it easy to prop without help, even when hot, but you have a starter, so that is no issue.

Never flown a C, but my first S weighed 756, without a starter, with a metal prop, and with spring gear. There was a BIG difference in performance between a TO load of 8 gallons verses 18 gallons. Light is good; as someone here keeps posting, “weight is unnecessary freight” or something along those lines.

BJC

rjgritter

The PS-5C makes it easy to prop without help, even when hot, but you have a starter, so that is no issue.

Never flown a C, but my first S weighed 756, without a starter, with a metal prop, and with spring gear. There was a BIG difference in performance between a TO load of 8 gallons verses 18 gallons. Light is good; as someone here keeps posting, “weight is unnecessary freight” or something along those lines.

BJC
Weight is everything! 756 is a nice light S, especially these days when an 850lb S-1 is considered light.

RJ

BJC

HBA Supporter
Weight is everything! 756 is a nice light S, especially these days when an 850lb S-1 is considered light.

RJ
My current S-1E with starter and battery, but no alternator, is 800 pounds. If I were specifying one today, I would omit the wing tank and use an EarthX battery and a composite prop. I wanted a Wolf Pitts, but couldn’t justify the cost.

BJC